Position: Shift Supervisor (Stroud)
Responsible for overall operation of the casino gaming machine department according to the casino policy, procedures, and standards in compliance with all regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following is a summarized list of the responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by reporting senior.**
- Ensures that the highest possible standards of guest services and employee relations are maintained and carried out in fair and equitable manner.
- Directs placement of employees for on the job training and assists in conducting training.
- Responsible for verifying and ensuring pay outs of large jackpots and fills are properly executed.
- Monitors job performance progress of employees and provides feedback on same to aid the employee in developing and enhancing skills.
- Maintain knowledge of all gaming machines operations in order to identify and correct minor machine malfunctions and report malfunctions to the appropriate personnel
- Conducts investigations into the resolution of variances to ensure compliance with property policies and employee integrity levels.
- Maintains current knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, compact, etc.) and attendant regulations, as well as property internal controls.
- Promotes all departmental and property-wide promotions.
- Initiates and maintains communication with subordinates, employees, management, and other departments
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees by setting positive examples at all times.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Ability to perform assigned duties in highly interruptive conditions and constant pressure.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to compute mathematical totals quickly and accurately
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment
Working Environment and Conditions:
- Must be able to work various shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Significant exposure to a smoke-filled, noisy environment
- Standing for extended periods of time